Friday, January 13, 2012

Hot Diggity Dog Organization Tips for a Clutter Free Classroom

As teachers we tend to be hoarders. We keep a copy of everything (not necessarily student work), but every handout, printout, pattern template...etc.. You get the picture. Keeping track of everything gets super tedious, especially when you also have to store and organize art supplies. For example, every holiday I like to do a craft with my students, and even though I am the tech teacher I try to do something w/ and w/o the computers. A combination of the two.

Right now my storage space is limited, since most of my closet is filled with computer junk (cords, wires, headphones, ink...etc... But one technique that I've seen used is to go to the Apple store and ask them for old laptop boxes. They are spacious, have a handle, and can be easily labeled. They also don't take up a lot of room.

While it may be fun, it is hard to create an organization system that revolves around your theme.

However, Teacher Created Resources has a Paw Print Lesson Book that is super cute and matching bulletin board decor. I bet you could also find paw print file folders and labels somewhere.

Until next time....